In lieu of spring being my favorite season I decided to throw together a spring party snack bar. Since I currently live in a country that doesn’t have a spring season ( The Philippines only really has two seasons: dry and wet ), I am kind of spring deprived and thought this would remind me of the spring I would have in America. This set up would be perfect for a movie night or brunch with some girlfriends or a perfect snack bar for a study sesh ( exams are in 6 days for me eeekkkk, better stop procrastinating ). Heres what you will need to recreate this easy spring snack bar:
1. FLOWERS! Yess flowers are my favourite! but they are totally springy so you can get as many as your heart desires. I just bought 10 dozen roses yesterday…. I’m a flower-a-holic.
2. Snacks. Honestly any snacks you like will work but let me tell you what I used:
- Cookies. Mine are store bought ( shhhh… don’t tell anyone ) but here is a good recipe : http://www.marthastewart.com/344840/soft-and-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies
- Popcorn. I got the buddha bowl popcorn and its amazing! It only has 3 ingredients: corn, pink Himalayan salt, and coconut oil.
- Macarons. Again I bought these because I am not talented in the kitchen but here is a recipe: http://www.marthastewart.com/1054200/vanilla-bean-macarons
- Tea. I have Joes Iced tea here but hot tea would be perfect if you live somewhere that has chilly springs. Something about tea reminds me of springtime, I don’t know what it is.
- Lastly fruit kabobs! These I actually made myself. I am very proud even though they are super simple ahah. Here is the pin I got inspired from : https://www.pinterest.com/pin/511228995177392416/
3. Cute decor. I think the key to an instagrammable ( Is that a word? ) snack bar is to have cute trays, bowls and straws. Colourful straws are a little detail that make a huge difference. You can cute cute dishes anywhere target, dollar stores, department stores, grocery stores… the list goes on.
Those are my spring snack bar must haves! I hope you guys get inspired to celebrate the spring time with your friends and loved ones. If you recreate any of this let me know in the comments.